Last updated: 3 April 2022
The Platforms are managed and modified by the Michelangelo Foundation.
→ Data collection and purpose of processing Data
We may collect personal data from you as detailed below:
• To access certain areas of our Platform, you When you register to have access on the Platform, . During such registration process you will be asked to submit personal data about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable the Michelangelo Foundation to provide you with the services you select;
• When you purchase products online or by phone, we collect data such as your purchase details and relevant payment data ;
• When you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query), or if you contact the Michelangelo Foundation by telephone we may collect personal data from you. Please note that phone calls may be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
• If you choose to interact with the Michelangelo Foundation via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the data you have provided to us through that platform; and
• We also collect certain data automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed "Cookies and other data that we automatically collect", below; and
• We will collect data about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location services” below.
We will use the data we collect from you to:
• Manage and fulfil purchase orders and facilitate delivery, if any;
• Manage our accounts and records;
• Deal with your enquiries and requests;
• Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation, if applicable;
• Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates); Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide; and
• Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve the Platform.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your data, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact us” below). We also process your data where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
By visiting Homo Faber Event 2022, you have agreed to be photographed and video-recorded (in particular through security cameras) and your personal information may have been provided to us in order for us to give you access to the exhibition (“Exhibition”).
Please note that Michelangelo Foundation for Creativity and Craftsmanship may use your personal data in order to enable your access to the Exhibition and related services, and provide you with information about the Exhibition’s programme, for your security and for internal statistics.
→ Cookies and other data that we automatically collect
We will collect data about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times and browser type. We use this data to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymise and share this data with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
→ Location services
Some of the services that we provide are able to use data about your location. For these services, which are typically available on mobile devices or applications, you are provided with the opportunity to provide your consent to the use of location services, which, for example, process data deriving from GPS, sensors, beacons or Wi-Fi access points in order to allow you to benefit from a more personalised service. Your device will have settings that allow you to turn off these services should you no longer wish to benefit from them.
→ Sharing your data
We do not share personal data about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
• we will disclose your personal data to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services required in order for us to use your data for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Data collection and purpose of processing”;
• we will disclose your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party ; and
→ International transfers
We have drawn up standard contractual clauses to ensure that the appropriate guarantees are put in place in order to protect your data when it is transferred to our affiliates or partners situated outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland. When we share your data with a third-party service provider located outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland (as described in the section entitled “Sharing your data”), such third-party service provider is contractually required by us to put in place the appropriate guarantees to protect your data.
→ Protecting your data
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal data we collect. We limit access to personal data about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal data that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.
→ Storage limitation
We keep your data for only as long as is necessary for our purposes, and in particular to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim (for example, data relating to a contract with you will be kept for the lifetime of the contract and up to ten years after). After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we sought your consent to process your personal data and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will delete your personal data.
If you request that we no longer send you direct marketing communications, we will keep a record of your request and contact details to ensure that your request is respected.
→ Right of access and rectification
You have the right to ask for access to any personal data that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date data. In some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data or a restriction of its use.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data in some cases. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Michelangelo Foundation marketing e-mails.
If you have a concern about how we use your data, as a first step please contact us using the details set out below and we will do our best to resolve your concern. After investigating your concern, we will respond to you in writing within a reasonable time setting out our proposed remedial action. If you think we have processed your personal data in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights you also have the right to complain to a European Data Protection Authority in your place of residence or work, or the jurisdiction in which the processing took place.
→ Contact us
Michelangelo Foundation for Creativity and Craftsmanship
Pont de la Machine 1
1204 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel. 41 22 808 5880