The family business A.E. Köchert was founded in 1814. Since 1873 the shop has been located at Neuer Markt 15, a very prominent spot within Vienna’s city centre. A paradise for all jewellery lovers, it is one of the most famous and traditional goldsmith workshops in Vienna. From 1849 Köchert was a principal supplier to the Habsburg court. The ancestors of the current owners designed and made Empress Elisabeth’s beautiful 'Sisi stars', which she wore as hair decoration. Cousins Christoph and Wolfgang Köchert are the current owners of the manufacturer, while Florian Köchert runs the shop in Salzburg, which opened in 2005.