The Clockmaker’s shop Lebarović was founded in 1947 by Simeon Lebarović. The shop first specialised in repairing wall clocks and alarm clocks, and was finally commissioned by the City of Zagreb for the production and maintenance of public clocks in Zagreb. Today, this is their main business. In one year, Dalibor and his associates produce two to ten pieces, depending on the local municipality orders. Dalibor, who is the sixth generation and took over after his father Zlatko in 2002, has modernized the business by introducing electronics, and is currently maintaining circa 350 public and tower clocks across Croatia.
Today, Lebarović is one of six clockwork shops left in Zagreb, out of 70 that existed during the 1970s. The first city clock in Zagreb came from Vienna, together with many other novelties, and was set on the 17th November 1920 in the Main City Square. Although the front area of the shop looks tiny, behind it in the same building there is the workshop. It extends to over 140 metre squares, filled with plenty of tools and machines. They have another workshop further east in the city, where the big parts of the clocks are produced.