Huguet was created in 1933 in Mallorca where more than 100 similar workshops prospered until the mid century. By the time of the construction boom in the 70s most of them had closed but Huguet continued to make cement beams and vaults and participated in the construction of Can Lis and Can Felis by Jorn Utzon. Biel Huguet, grandson of the founder and an architect himself, took over the manufacturer and decided to re-launch the hydraulic tiles.
Huguet became internationally renowned for the impeccable quality of the product and the application of innovative and modern designs. Names such as Herzog & de Meuron, Barozzi Veiga, Martínez Lapeña y Elias Torres, Lluís Clotet, Carme Pinós, Alberto Lievore, Sybilla, Alfredo Häberli, David Chipperfield, Carusso St John, Patricia Urquiola and Sergison Bates have collaborated with Huguet. The combination of master craftsmanship applied to contemporary visions and designs has proven to be a very powerful and successful combination.