The historical residence Boschi di Stefano was donated to the Municipality of Milan in 1974 and opened to the public in 2003. The residence, a building designed by Piero Portaluppi and built by Marieda’s father between 1929 and 1931, was once inhabited by Antonio Boschi (1896-1988) and Marieda Di Stefano (1901-1968). It hosts approximately 300 works of art, which represent a selection of the couple’s extensive collection, that includes more than 2.000 pieces.
The collection represents Italian art in the 20th century and includes paintings (Severini, Boccioni, De Chirico), sculptures and drawings dating from the early years of the 20th century to the ‘60s. The artistic direction of Portaluppi is shown in the interior spaces of the building, where the talent of the best Milanese craftspeople is revealed in the atrium, where the walls are decorated with stucco with ornamental motifs, in the polychrome floor with geometric design and in the pilasters used to define different spaces.